[CentOS] Pre-packaged Python 2.7 for 32-bit CentOS 6?

Alfred von Campe

alfred at von-campe.com
Mon Dec 15 14:42:14 UTC 2014

Either this doesn’t exist or my Google-foo is failing me this morning. I keep coming across the Software Collections Repository (http://wiki.centos.org/AdditionalResources/Repositories/SCL), but that is for 64-bit only.

Before I attempt to create Python-2.7 RPMs for 32-bit CentOS 6 to install into /usr/local or /opt/python-2.7, I wonder if someone else has done this so I don’t have to re-invent the wheel.

Thanks,
Alfred