[CentOS] I can't see some of my onwn e-mails ...

Les Mikesell lesmikesell at gmail.com
Wed Dec 17 23:00:28 UTC 2014

On Wed, Dec 17, 2014 at 4:38 PM, Bill Maltby (C4B)
<centos4bill at gmail.com> wrote:
> I sometimes receive e-mails I post to this list, like I did the bug I
> reported about X problems, but other times not, like my first post about
> that before I reported the bug. That one appeared in gmane, but
> Evolution never picked it up.
>
> And today I've not seen either of my posts but I know it got there
> because I did see a reply to my post about the flash plugin and it had a
> snippet of my post init.
>
> I've looked at all the seetings I can think of and nothing struck me as
> suppressing my own.
>
> I use gmail and ISTR a discussion recently about some issues with that.
>
> Anyone got a clue(bat) for me?

Gmail conveniently hides list emails that you send from appearing as
new in your inbox because you've obviously already seen them.
Opinions may differ on that matter of course....  If you are using the
web interface you can find them with a search like 'from: me'  (which
also usefully picks up responses to threads where you have posted, at
least in the conversation view).

--
  Les Mikesell
     lesmikesell at gmail.com