[CentOS] X11 console

Les Mikesell lesmikesell at gmail.com
Thu Dec 18 16:30:39 UTC 2014

On Thu, Dec 18, 2014 at 7:20 AM, David  Both
<dboth at millennium-technology.com> wrote:
> +1
>
> It can be quite annoying when the X console is changed from one Virtual
> Console to another as happens with almost every release of CentOS and
> Fedora. I would really like it to be always consistent at Console 7. And the
> "real" system console should always be Console 1.
>
> I am OK with change, but this seems to be fairly random change with know
> apparent advantage or benefit.
>
> It is a big deal to keep it consistent. That way I know what to tell
> customers when they call and I have to talk them through a procedure over
> the phone.

Good luck with that...  The design changes are done in Fedora, by
people who apparently never liked unix or consistency, not the people
using Red Hat or CentOS that already have things working that they
would like to keep working the same way across upgrades.

--
   Les Mikesell
     lesmikesell at gmail.com