[CentOS] I can't see some of my onwn e-mails ...

Les Mikesell lesmikesell at gmail.com
Fri Dec 19 00:20:52 UTC 2014

On Thu, Dec 18, 2014 at 6:10 PM, Bill Maltby (C4B)
<centos4bill at gmail.com> wrote:

>> Gmail conveniently hides list emails that you send from appearing as
>> new in your inbox because you've obviously already seen them.
>> Opinions may differ on that matter of course....  If you are using the
>> web interface you can find them with a search like 'from: me'  (which
>> also usefully picks up responses to threads where you have posted, at
>> least in the conversation view).
>>
> Thanks Les. I use Evolution to pick up and download and almost never use
> the web interface. I suspected what you describe but was foolishly
> thinking there must be some setting so I could see my own stuff.

I've come to like - or at least tolerate the web interface after a
little tweaking of the settings that you can control.  Partly because
I can access it easily from multiple computers without any setup and
it always stays in perfect sync with my phone, and partly because of
that search capability.  One important thing to tweak for for
usability is to advance to the next message on archive/delete instead
of wasting time redrawing the index - and that might be in the 'labs'
part of the settings.

--
   Les Mikesell
     lesmikesell at gmail.com