[CentOS] no access to certain WEB sites using CentOS 6.5

Jonathan Billings billings at negate.org
Sat Dec 20 14:28:38 UTC 2014

On Sat, Dec 20, 2014 at 03:30:07AM -0500, Igor Furlan wrote:
> The default Firefox ESR browser (17.0.10) does not find many web pages.
> regardless of the system (virtual - bridged or NAT  OR real HW)

You aren't running with anything near the latest Firefox packages.
The version of Firefox ESR that is provided is version 31.3.0.
Before even trying to debug these things, you should try updating to
the recent version.  There are many security holes in the version you
are running, as well.  I have to wonder what other packages are out of
date, such as openssl.

Your pings against www.opera.com and opera.com aren't unusual.  Not
all hosts respond to pings.  I can confirm that behavior on my
systems.

I suggest keeping your system up to date before trying to track down
whatever problems you're having.