[CentOS] Radeon graphics problems with CentOS 6.6

Darby Vicker darby.vicker at gmail.com
Sun Dec 21 01:34:59 UTC 2014

I thought about trying centos 7.  But in the end that doesn't really
help me since I'm trying to keep my current centos 6 installation
working.  I don't really have the time/energy to reinstall everyting
under CentOS 7 right now.

I was able to get a 6.6 LiveCD built myself.  The liveCD has the same
problem - X doesn't work.  I can boot the "Basic Video" option from the
LiveCD and I can at least get to the desktop but there are several odd
video problems when I do that.  But I think that means that there is a
genuine problem with Xorg on my hardware.  Does anyone know who I should
submit this bug to - AMD or Xorg?

Any other ideas for workarounds in the mean time?