[CentOS] OT: Bittorrent clients

Sorin Srbu

Sorin.Srbu at orgfarm.uu.se
Sun Dec 28 08:36:23 UTC 2014

Hi all,

Just switched my home computer from Windows 7 to CentOS 6.6 and I'm having a slight bit of trouble with the bittorrent-clients.

* Transmission is fine but lacks "a bit" in features.

* Vuze is my preferred bt-client but gives me horrendous gfx-artifacts, like not showing the torrent name (it's white text on a white background or some such...).

* Deluge is better, and what I'm using now, but I'm having trouble finding a repo that has the updated versions available for install with yum.
I installed v1.3.5 a few days ago and already it's telling me that version is way outdated.

Would anybody have any hints as to how and where to get the latest Deluge for CentOS? Or maybe even suggest a better torrent-client?

All I'm getting from the Deluge site is some kind of source packages that is of no use for me. 8-/

Thanks in advance for any hints, tips and tricks.

--
/Sorin