[CentOS] CentOS 7 KVM guests no longer get keystrokes after yum update [solved]

Charles Polisher

cpolish at surewest.net
Mon Dec 29 15:23:26 UTC 2014

Fixed.

I had installed a preview repository from Red Hat for some
not-yet-released libguestfs features (libguestfs-RHEL-7.1-preview).
There were evidently  changes to some release packages
in the updates repository that were incompatible with the
candidate packages in the preview repository cited above.

I disabled the preview repo in /etc/yum.repos.d/..., uninstalled each
of its packages, and re-installed the relevant packages (libvirt
qemu-kvm qemu-kvm-tools virt-* spice-gtk spice-gtk-python spice-gtk-tools
spice-gtk3-vala spice-xpi).

Lesson learned: When you install 3rd party repositories you
should reserve time for hand-holding your package management
system.

--
Charles Polisher