[CentOS] can't enable selinux CentOS 6.5

Tim Dunphy

bluethundr at gmail.com
Tue Dec 30 02:58:52 UTC 2014

Hey guys,

 For some reason I can't seem to enable SELinux on this one host.

 Here's my SELinux config file:

[root at beta-new:~] #cat /etc/sysconfig/selinux

# This file controls the state of SELinux on the system.
# SELINUX= can take one of these three values:
#     enforcing - SELinux security policy is enforced.
#     permissive - SELinux prints warnings instead of enforcing.
#     disabled - No SELinux policy is loaded.
SELINUX=enforcing
# SELINUXTYPE= can take one of these two values:
#     targeted - Targeted processes are protected,
#     mls - Multi Level Security protection.
SELINUXTYPE=targeted

And when I check if it's enabled this is what I get:

[root at beta-new:~] #getenforce
Disabled

But when I go to set SELinux to enabled, even with the config file set as
you see it above, I get this result:

[root at beta-new:~] #setenforce 1
setenforce: SELinux is disabled

And nothing I can do enables it on this host. So how, can I solve this
problem? I would definitely appreciate any advice you may have.

Thanks
Tim

--
GPG me!!