[CentOS] Secret incantations for virt-viewer?

Bill Gee bgee at campercaver.net
Tue Dec 30 15:21:01 UTC 2014

Hi Patrick -

Thanks!  Adding "/system" on the end of the URI made a difference.  Now it will
ask me for the password, then open a new window that says "Waiting for display
1".  I verified that the target guest is running.

Odd behavior - When I close the new window, the command shell I ran it from no
longer echos commands to the screen.  It takes them if I type blindly.  I have
to kill and restart bash to get it back.

I set up a new menu item in KDE to launch virt-viewer.  That works!  It gets
me all the way to the remote display.  It asks for the kwallet password and
for the host machine root password twice - but it does get there.

Regards - Bill Gee