[CentOS] CentOS 5 text mode installer: minimum requirements?

Fri Dec 5 11:51:32 UTC 2014
Niki Kovacs <info at microlinux.fr>

Hi,

A company I do some teaching for has a load of legacy hardware, among
which a Dell Poweredge 1300 server. Rough specs: Pentium-III 500 MHz
processor, 110 MB RAM, 3 x 9 GB SCSI disks. This thing is a dinosaur,
and horribly loud, but apparently it takes a meteor strike to wipe it. I
like using it for training purposes, mainly to poke fun at the Windows
Server trainer, who complained that 8 GB RAM was "a bit short" to run
all his various services. :o)

The last time I used it, I installed Slackware 14.1 successfully on it
(init 3, no GUI, various services like Dnsmasq, NTP, Samba, Squid, a
LAMP stack, etc.). I wonder if that thing would be able to boot CentOS
5.11 in text mode. I vaguely remember the text mode installer requires a
minimum of 128 MB RAM, but I can't seem to find some conclusive
information on the subject.

Cheers,

Niki
7, place de l'église - 30730 Montpezat