[CentOS] NSS update issues.

Tue Dec 9 21:30:15 UTC 2014
Lamar Owen <lowen at pari.edu>

Ran into a bit of a sticky wicket today.  And for reasons that should be
obvious it was a bit difficult to google for a solution, so I backed out
the upgrade.  So I'm hoping someone here has seen and fixed this already.

System: CentOS 7, fully updated.  After the nss updates in the past day
or so, visiting https://www.google.com with Firefox results in the
following error screen:
Secure Connection Failed

An error occurred during a connection to www.google.com. The server
rejected the handshake because the client downgraded to a lower TLS
version than the server supports. (Error code:
ssl_error_inappropriate_fallback_alert)

     The page you are trying to view cannot be shown because the
authenticity of the received data could not be verified.
     Please contact the website owners to inform them of this problem.
Alternatively, use the command found in the help menu to report this
broken site.

Ok, so how do I fix this (other than 'yum downgrade nss firefox
nss-sysinit nss-devel nss-tools' which does 'fix' the issue)?