[CentOS] When will CentOS Publish Errata?

Wed Dec 24 05:48:56 UTC 2014
Somers-Harris, David | David | OPS <david.somers-harris at mail.rakuten.com>

Hello,

Currently The CentOS project publishes errata on its CentOS Announce mailing list. In order to import this into a package management system (like Katello on The Foreman), one needs to parse the mailing list and convert it into XML before importing it. This is done to some extent on http://cefs.steve-meier.de/ but some more legwork needs to be done before The Foreman can understand the errata like it does natively for RHN.

I have heard rumour that The CentOS project is planning to publish Errata in the same way that Red Hat does, but I haven't been able to find anything on the Internet about this. Does anybody know if The CentOS Project has indeed declared such intention, and when they plan to do this?

Side Note: Interestingly enough, I've noticed that EPEL has started to add errata data to their repositories.

Thanks,
David