[CentOS] centos 6.3

Tue Dec 2 08:16:04 UTC 2014
John R Pierce <pierce at hogranch.com>

On 12/1/2014 11:29 PM, Hadi Motamedi wrote:
> I want to put my stuff on centos 6.3 but some colleagues warned that
> it is not wise to use it at now for some bugs reported. Can you please
> confirm if this is true and which vulnerability can be risked for ?

As the others said, the OS is "CentOS 6"...   "6.3" was simply a
snapshot of the updates as of July 2012.  As soon as you update it with
current fixes ('yum update') you'll be on the current point release,
which is CentOS 6.6 at the moment.

As has been pointed out several times here, you should NOT assume you
can just install individual fixes such as the latest openssl for the
heartbeat fixes, and so forth, as these have only been tested running
with ALL the latest packages, not every conceivable combination of
component versions over the past 4 years or so.