[CentOS] partedmagic connecting to a comcast address

Wed Dec 3 20:47:59 UTC 2014
g <geleem at bellsouth.net>

On 12/03/2014 11:13 AM, Mark Milhollan wrote:
<>

> Do you mean PartedMagic as the destination port?  If so that's just a
> translation from the port number to a name found in your /etc/services
> file.  It is often wrong or misleading, and in most cases can be
> ignored.

i have no PartedMagic in /etc/services

>> NetName:       COMCAST-VOIP-4
>
> Given this it seems like you have Comcast phone service and what
> you are seeing is your phone checking-in with their switch.

my isp service is DSL with bellsouth.net over copper.

my neighbors to north and south of my home use comcast and they have
wifi between them. wireless on my router is not enabled.

wireshark text file loaded at;

   http://pastebin.com/rCU0CC10

--

peace out.