[CentOS] partedmagic connecting to a comcast address

Wed Dec 3 22:05:15 UTC 2014
g <geleem at bellsouth.net>

John,
thank you for replying.

On 12/03/2014 03:21 PM, John R Pierce wrote:
> On 12/3/2014 12:47 PM, g wrote:
>> wireshark text file loaded at;
>>
>>     http://pastebin.com/rCU0CC10
>
> some device on your network has the MAC address 00:0f:fe:8f:8f:23
> which Wireshark is calling PartedMagic for unknown reasons.

see my new paste at;

  http://pastebin.com/8vBxnUSf

> That MAC prefix apparently belongs to an obscure Chinese computer
> maker, G-Pro Computers. http://macaddress.webwat.ch/vendor/G-PRO_COMPUTER
> the weblink given for G-Pro is wrong.

interesting. where does one look to find assignment for MAC addresses?

> some random google searching suggests that they may be an OEM for
> Lite-On, do you have any network devices from Lite-On

no network devices from Lite-on.

 ~]$ lspci|grep net
 00:19.0 Ethernet controller: Intel Corporation 82566DM-2 Gigabit
 Network Connection (rev 02)
 ~]$

> (I'm only familiar with Lite-On as a CD/DVD burner/reader brand).

same here.

> oh.   the ARP packet suggests that MAC address is 192.168.1.144

that is how i see it.

--

peace out.

tc,hago.