[CentOS] DoD approval of Centos Was RE: Firefox fails to authenticate .mil sites with New DoDCAC

Thu Dec 4 18:30:37 UTC 2014
Cal Webster <cwebster at ec.rr.com>

On Thu, 2014-12-04 at 13:09 -0500, Jason Ricles wrote:
> That is true, which we are using ours for critical things. Guess RHEL
> will be the way to go till Centos is maybe approved for critical
> systems as well.

That's really up to the program manager in which the machine would be
used. He would make a determination whether it's supportable and
maintainable, based on in-house expertise and/or outside contract
support. RHEL subscriptions give you instant support and patches if
necessary. Otherwise, unless another RHEL subscriber has the same issue,
you'd have to wait for the community to fix something then get it
integrated into RHEL before filtering down to CentOS. If this is
acceptable then CentOS is an option.