[CentOS] HOWTO Stratum 1 NTP server under CentOS 7

Fri Dec 12 14:55:12 UTC 2014
xaos <xaos at darksmile.net>

Alexander,

First off, CentOS7 came with cronyd. Which was very annoying
because when I tried to remove it, it had 2 prereqs:
anaconda
initial-setup

Now, I don't know why the setup program kept these
2 around. I think CentOS7 needs a bit growing up.

Anyway, I disabled chrony:
systemctl disable time-sync
systemctl stop time-sync

Then I installed ntp. However, when I started it
it seems that it was not compiled with: --enable-all-clocks

So, I downloaded the latest and re-compiled with:

./configure --with-crypto --enable-all-clocks --enable-step-slew

I built it as per the document and everything looks good

-G