[CentOS] I can't see some of my onwn e-mails ...

Thu Dec 18 04:56:22 UTC 2014
Keith Keller <kkeller at wombat.san-francisco.ca.us>

On 2014-12-18, Mark LaPierre wrote:

> You could also address the email to yourself on a different mail server
> than the one your sending it from.  I send to the list on gmail and
> address a copy to myself on AOL.

That won't help indicate whether your post made it to the list or not.
You'd need to be subscribed to the list from both addresses, and not cc:
yourself.  But then you'd get two copies of every message, which seems
wasteful to me; it seems easier just to check the web archives for the
few posts most of us make.  (If all you want is a copy of your mail, you
don't need to go through this process.)

OT: on a handful of Mailman lists, for some reason the SMTP server was
slow delivering mail to my mailbox.  But responses show up in the web
archives pretty much right away.  So for some questions I had I would
bounce on the archives to see responses more quickly (it would seldom
but sometimes be hours between the post hitting the archives and hitting
my mailbox).

--keith

kkeller at wombat.san-francisco.ca.us