[CentOS] Design changes are done in Fedora

Mon Dec 29 02:57:18 UTC 2014
Mark LaPierre <marklapier at gmail.com>

On 12/28/14 20:52, Always Learning wrote:

> On Thu, 2014-12-18 at 10:30 -0600, Les Mikesell wrote:
>
>> ..............  The design changes are done in Fedora, by
>> people who apparently never liked unix or consistency, not the people
>> using Red Hat or CentOS that already have things working that they
>> would like to keep working the same way across upgrades.
>
> What type of large commercial organisation lets undisciplined people
> make adverse changes detrimental to the reputation and ultimate success
> of its 'stable' commercial product. Since Enterprise Linux is supposed
> NOT to be Windoze, consistency is very important especially for the
> paying (R.H.) customers. It is also much appreciated by its devout fans
> and the hardworking guardians of the Centos cloned version.
>
> * The dramatic upheaval in C7;
> * The claimed life-span of C5 truncated by no more normal upgrades;
> * The changes introduced in C6.6, during the lifetime of an allegedly
> stable C6 product;
>
> all seem to suggest Upstream lacks a clear, reliable and dependable
> strategic policy (or what some call a 'sense of direction').
>
> Happy New Year to all to everyone.

Well said!  I've been waiting since the C6.6 "upgrade" to get a kernel
with the reported patch that fixes the web cam incompatibility that was
introduced with the new C6.6 kernel.  I would change distributions in a
minute if there was a better choice.

--
    _
   °v°