[CentOS] Motion Detecting Camera

tdukes at palmettoshopper.com tdukes at palmettoshopper.com
Sat Feb 1 14:33:49 UTC 2014

-------- Original Message --------
Subject: [CentOS] Motion Detecting Camera
From: Leslie S Satenstein <lsatenstein at yahoo.com>
Date: Sat, February 01, 2014 7:27 am
To: "centos at centos.org" <centos at centos.org>

mark wrote

With the continuing annoyance from motion, my manager's asked me to go
looking again for a video surveillance appliance: basically, a
motion-detecting DVR and cameras. The big thing, of course, is a) price
(this is a US federal gov't agency, and being civilian, money is
*tight*,
don't give me the libertarian/GOP line about how freely we spend,
thankyouverymuch), b) it has to be on the network, and c) we need to be
able to d/l to a server, and rm after we do that... and we want to
script
or cron job that.

I was in Costco (USA warehouse store) and saw a Philips LED display,
Camera, Recorder, that was motorized. The camera followed the movement
across the front of it, and could snapshot to a memory chip.  It was
under $80.00 for the ensemble. The floor model worked well.

If you do not require realtime recording to a hard disk, then this item
may be a reasonable cost solution.

Regards

 Leslie

Mr. Leslie Satenstein