[CentOS] 6.5 single user mode

Les Mikesell lesmikesell at gmail.com
Tue Feb 4 20:28:30 UTC 2014

On Tue, Feb 4, 2014 at 2:04 PM, Steve Clark <sclark at netwolves.com> wrote:
> Hello List,
>
> I want to boot into single user mode and run a script automatically.
>
> I have been looking for a couple of hours and have found one solution I don't like.
>
> How can I get the shell that is started in single user mode to run a script. My one solution
> was to add a profile in /etc/profile.d/ that called the script. Is this the only way to do it?

What is the big picture here?   You could probably just stick your
script into /etc/rc.d/rc.local where it will run at the end of the
other runlevel processing - and have it put back the old version if it
only needs to run once.

But, poking through /etc/init/* it looks like a file named
/etc/init/rcS-sulogin.override would do something magic like you want.

--
  Les Mikesell
     lesmikesell at gmail.com