[CentOS] 6.5 single user mode

Steve Clark sclark at netwolves.com
Tue Feb 4 20:32:30 UTC 2014

On 02/04/2014 03:17 PM, m.roth at 5-cent.us wrote:
> Steve Clark wrote:
>> Hello List,
>>
>> I want to boot into single user mode and run a script automatically.
> <snip>
>
> How often - every time, or just once? If every time, create a script and
> put it in /etc/init.d/, with a link to /etc/rc1.d, or use whatever it is
> in systemd's analog.
>
>          mark
Everytime. We have a USB key that has a tarfile of CentOS and our software on it
The script partitions the hard drive and untars the tarfile - this takes about 2 minutes vs using
a custom kickstart file which takes 20 to 30 minutes.

So we build a CentOS respin iso image along
with our software - install it into a virtual machine and at the end of the install the ks file creates a tarfile from the new image.
We then move this image to the USB key.

In CentOS 5.x all I had to do was create a .profile file in / and it would get ran. CentOS 6.x doesn't
run the .profile -

--
Stephen Clark
*NetWolves*