[CentOS] zoneminder

Joseph Spenner joseph85750 at yahoo.com
Wed Feb 5 19:45:00 UTC 2014

From: "m.roth at 5-cent.us" <m.roth at 5-cent.us>

>Well, I'm trying it out on one of our very few FC19 boxes. It installed...
>now, what's this, I *have* to install and run mssql? And apache? This is a
>significantly larger footprint than motion.
>
>And now, while googling, because I was to tell it where I want it to store
>video, I see a thread noting that it stores it all as *jpegs*, not mpx, or
>avi, or.... Is this the case?

Mark:
  Have you seen Zoneminder run?  It's a complete solution, with a web interface and historical information for everything it saw.  It connects to the cameras, grabs their images (presented as JPG files), stores a time range of them, and determines if there was a 'change'.  If so, it goes back a few images, and begins a 'movie' of the images leading up to the event, and through the event itself.   When viewing these events, you have the option to save them as AVI, MPG, MOV, WMV, SFW.  Those video files are them available to download.
The footprint isn't that big.   My installation (VM) is currently using about 2G of space.

===

"~heart~ Sticker"  fixer:  http://microflush.org/stuff/stickers/heartFix.html