[CentOS] And then there was one (browser)

Phelps, Matt mphelps at cfa.harvard.edu
Thu Feb 6 15:26:45 UTC 2014

On Wed, Feb 5, 2014 at 12:30 AM, Robert Arkiletian <robark at gmail.com> wrote:

> new potential remote code exploit in Chromium flash.
> http://googlechromereleases.blogspot.ca/2014/02/stable-channel-update.html
>
> Doesn't look like these repos are being updated.
> http://people.redhat.com/tpopela/rpms/
> http://people.centos.org/hughesjr/chromium/6/
>
> Any info on this issue would be welcome.

Yes, please. Can the CentOS folks check with their newly minted Red Hat
brethren on this issue?

This is getting critical for us. We have over a hundred CO6 desktops that
are currently running an insecure version of chromium. The security people
are all over us on this!

We need to run chrome/chromium in order to manage our Google Apps for
Government deployment (for over 1000 users). It doesn't work right with
firefox.

If we need to apply pressure elsewhere, please let us know where to direct
our fury.

--
Matt Phelps
System Administrator, Computation Facility