[CentOS] Console access to kvm guest running WindowsV7

Milos Blazevic milos.blazevic at sbb.rs
Thu Feb 6 22:47:40 UTC 2014

On 02/06/2014 07:04 PM, Nux! wrote:
> On 06.02.2014 17:40, Milos Blazevic wrote:
>> guest resolution adapting to the client screen resolution/geometry.
>>
>> Worked for me with both WindowsXP and CentOS 6.
> Been using SPICe for a while now, and while it is definitely better
> than VNC, it does not support "adaptive reslolution". If you want a
> different resolution you need to change it inside the VM.
> Tested with EL 6.5 host and Windows 7 guest.

Although I may have used wrong choice of words - that's what I meant,
you *can* adapt the resolution for the VM according to your client's
display resolution/geometry. Didn't say Spice will do it automagically.
I've also tested it on Windows XP.

Without spice+qxl support there are very few resolutions available
within the client

Also, in spite of vdagent installed and running inside RHEL7 beta VM, I
couldn't get QXL drivers working as well as they do in CentOS 6.
Copy-paste works, but I couldn't get the resolution I wanted.

--
*Milos Blazevic*

Signature

Cert. No: 805010564450148