[CentOS] Backing up Xen vm's

Johan Vermeulen

jvermeulen at cawdekempen.be
Thu Feb 13 12:03:56 UTC 2014

Dear All,

because the organization I work for has to enter the 21 century eventually,
and encouraged by the the excellent wiki's available,
I'm giving Xen a try.

I' ve tested setting it all up but I have this question concerning
making backups.

i' ve noticed that virsh snaphot-create does not work, and googling this,
I can find many posts describing making backups with rbackup, lvm , dd, ....

The thing is there is not always a date with these posts and articles,
so before I dig into this:

Is this still the way this is done, or is there now a more
straightforward way to backup ( Xen ) vm's?

Many thanks for any advise.

Greetings, J

--
Johan Vermeulen