[CentOS] Chromium 31.0.1650.63-2.el6 for CentOS 6

Johnny Hughes johnny at centos.org
Sun Feb 16 02:56:43 UTC 2014

On 02/15/2014 08:38 PM, Darr247 wrote:
> Are you sure that's not against the law?
>
> Putting non-open files in/opt/chromium-browser/PepperFlash/ seems worse
> to me than putting open source files from f15 in /opt/google/chrome/lib
> which Jim Perrin (on 27 Oct 2013 @19:24 zulu in this list) said should
> be a criminal offense.
>
> e.g. as a result of
> wget http://chrome.richardlloyd.org.uk/install_chrome.sh
> chmod u+x install_chrome.sh
> ./install_chrome.sh

Well, putting libc from f15 will have many security issues .. the file
that you are putting in now is the latest pepperflash from real chrome.
And if you use that script, you get this same pepperflash file AND the
old, outdated libc from f15.

Personally, even though I like chromium, if google can't be bothered to
support EL6, then I say that is their loss and I'll just use firefox.