[CentOS] Growing HW RAID arrays, Online

Nux! nux at li.nux.ro
Sun Feb 23 14:33:00 UTC 2014

On 22.02.2014 22:27, James A. Peltier wrote:

> partprobe can rescan partitions, but it can't resize them.  You may
> be able to use gparted or the parted text mode to resize partitions
> online.

Sadly you can't really do this without reboot. I'd love to be wrong,
but I hit the same problem in the past and I simply found no way of
doing it.
Even with centos cloud instances, this operation (resize partition) has
to be done from initramfs before the filesystems go "live".

Lucian

Nux!
www.nux.ro