[CentOS] Migration from 32 to 64 bits

John R Pierce pierce at hogranch.com
Wed Feb 26 05:05:18 UTC 2014

On 2/25/2014 8:49 PM, Fabrizio Di Carlo wrote:
> Well... I have 8GBs of RAM... But the point is: how is the best way to do
> this migration? How backup data?

my favorite way to upgrade a system is to get a new disk drive. pull the
old one out, install the new one, do a clean install of the new OS on
the new disk, THEN reconnect the old one as a slave drive, and mount it
under /mnt or whatever, and copy my data, settings, etc from the old
system.  once done, wipe the old drive and reuse for something else.