[CentOS] OT: Howto to capture taskset output command

Tris Hoar trishoar at bgfl.org
Wed Feb 26 13:54:30 UTC 2014

On 26/02/2014 13:45, C. L. Martinez wrote:

>>> Thanks Steven, but it doesn't works also ..
>>>
>>> Using if [ "$cpu_affinity" -eq "$cpu_affinity_ok" ]; then
>>> ./cpu_affinitty: line 7: [: taskset -p -c 27756 | awk '{ print  }':
>>> integer expression expected
>>
>> Yes, since you are double quoting you are using strings. Try using a single = sign instead of your original double equal sign.
>

> Ok, problem solved. With this compare function:
>
> if [[ "$bro_cpu_affinity" == *"$cpu_affinity_ok"* ]]; then
>
> works ok ...
>
> sjt5atra, using a single =, it doesn't works ...

The issues are to do with your variable expansion

[root at srvman ~]# cpu_affinity="taskset -p -c `cat /var/run/crond.pid` |
awk '{print $6}'"
[root at srvman ~]# echo $cpu_affinity
taskset -p -c 2532 | awk '{print }'

I think your script is still broken, as you are now just looking for any
number matching $cpu_affinity_ok in $cpu_affinity. You should be able to
do an integer comparison for your if statement.

Tris

to whom they are addressed. If you have received this email
in error please notify postmaster at bgfl.org

The views expressed within this email are those of the
individual, and not necessarily those of the organisation