[CentOS] [OT] Video card radiator

Mon Feb 10 04:07:31 UTC 2014
Michael Hennebry <hennebry at web.cs.ndsu.nodak.edu>

I recently obtained a desktop computer with an nVidia video card:
from lspci:
02:00.0 VGA compatible controller: nVidia Corporation G84 [GeForce 8600 GT] (rev a1
I had to open the case to connect the DVD
drive and saw what appears to be a fallen radiator:
http://www.cs.ndsu.nodak.edu/~hennebry/computer/amd64-1.jpg
http://www.cs.ndsu.nodak.edu/~hennebry/computer/amd64-2.jpg
That nothing is shorted out appears to be a matter of luck.

Any suggestions regarding how to prevent
the radiator from shorting its video card?
A suggestion of who to ask would be good.

"SCSI is NOT magic. There are *fundamental technical
reasons* why it is necessary to sacrifice a young
goat to your SCSI chain now and then."   --   John Woods