[CentOS] new Centos 6.5 32 bit yum issue

Wed Feb 19 03:01:28 UTC 2014
Dave Stevens <geek at uniserve.com>

When I fire up the virtualbox VM Centos starts as I would expect, but
when I try to use yum list updates (or any of several other yum
command I've tried) I get a repo error - "
Loaded plugins: fastestmirror
Could not retrieve mirrorlist
http://mirrorlist.centos.org/?release=6&arch=i386&repo=os error was
14: PYCURL ERROR 6 - "Couldn't resolve host 'mirrorlist.centos.org'"
Error: Cannot find a valid baseurl for repo: base

I looked in the repo.d and the base CentOS-Base.repo suggests that if
the mirrorlist= does not work I should try the commented out baseurl=
instead. But I don't seem to have nano and can't install it - yum
install fails as above.

Ideas?

Dave

--
Advertising is the rattling of a stick inside a swill bucket - George Orwell