[CentOS] HP "smart array"

Wed Feb 26 22:11:25 UTC 2014

Not so much...and hpacucli is actively user hostile.

I finally connected and woke up the box (and who, in their right minds,
puts the power on button on a rackmount RAID box in the *back* of the
box?), and I'm trying to create one large RAID 6. But... ctrl slot=3 show
config is incredibly bizarre. It shows me my physical drives... but starts
at 9, and for everything up to 18, shows two of the same port (2E:1:xx),
then the rest only once. So I created the raid, using a range, and telling
it to leave the last drive. That seemed to work, and I added that one as a
spare, it looked ok... except it's telling me that 11-18 are unassigned...
even though what shows as in the array are all in there twice, up through
18, as before.

Does anyone understand this behavior?

        mark