[CentOS] 6.5 single user mode

Tue Feb 4 20:11:14 UTC 2014
Fred Smith <fredex at fcshome.stoneham.ma.us>

On Tue, Feb 04, 2014 at 03:04:05PM -0500, Steve Clark wrote:
> Hello List,
>
> I want to boot into single user mode and run a script automatically.
>
> I have been looking for a couple of hours and have found one solution I don't like.
>
> How can I get the shell that is started in single user mode to run a script. My one solution
> was to add a profile in /etc/profile.d/ that called the script. Is this the only way to do it?

wild guess here:
1. make this a username that isn't used for any other purpose
2. try setting the default shell in /etc/password, for that user,
   to run the script. This may require some experimentation to find
   the correct incantation.

no clue if it'll work, haven't tried it.

good luck!

                     all ages, now and forevermore! Amen."