[CentOS] zoneminder

Wed Feb 5 18:56:16 UTC 2014

tdukes at palmettoshopper.com wrote:
> Subject: [CentOS] zoneminder
>
>> Is there a package for zoneminder in the std repos (base, rpmfusion,
>> epel), or just on rpmforge?
>
>>  mark "unless someone's got a security DVR to loan us for testing...."
>
> Last time I checked on RPM Pbone search, there was not a current
> packe\age compatible with Centos 6.
>
> I took one from SRPM from rawhide and rebuilt it. The newer packages
> have a different kind on init script that Fedora uses.

Well, I'm trying it out on one of our very few FC19 boxes. It installed...
now, what's this, I *have* to install and run mssql? And apache? This is a
significantly larger footprint than motion.

And now, while googling, because I was to tell it where I want it to store
video, I see a thread noting that it stores it all as *jpegs*, not mpx, or
avi, or.... Is this the case?

      mark