[CentOS] Install without LVM -

Thu Feb 6 19:59:09 UTC 2014
Digimer <lists at alteeve.ca>

On 06/02/14 02:44 PM, Bob Goodwin - Zuni, Virginia, USA wrote:

> How do I install from the centos 6.5 dvd without LVM? Nothing I have
> tried will permit me to make my own layout unless I accept LVM.
>
> Bob

On EL7, you get a choice in anaconda. I'm not sure about EL7, I always
select to create my own layout and simply don't configure LVM. In my
case, I use clustered LVM on shared storage, so LVM on the host makes
things confusing.

Of course, kickstart scripts are good. Automate the whole install and
fine-grained control over partitioning.

--
Digimer
access to education?