[CentOS] And then there was one (browser)

Sat Feb 8 06:41:02 UTC 2014
Lists <lists at benjamindsmith.com>

On 02/06/2014 08:41 AM, Phelps, Matt wrote:
> Of course we already have notified Google.
>
> I was hoping for a little more granularity. Google is a large place; as is
> Red Hat I know. There was word that Red Hat was working with Google on a
> solution, and I was hoping to hear if there was any movement.
>
> I can't ask Red Hat since we don't pay for it, but perhaps the new CentOS
> relationship with them can offer a channel of communication for the
> Community.

I don't mean to poke, but is there a reason you aren't using Chromium?
It looks, acts, and works like Google Chrome except that:

1) It doesn't spy on you.
2) It uses standard flash that you install separately.
3) The icon looks a little different.

I use Chromium on Fedora, so I can't comment on CentOS, which I only use
for headless servers. But this might be a starting point:

http://www.if-not-true-then-false.com/2013/install-chromium-on-centos-red-hat-rhel/

Good luck!