[CentOS] Strange Samba Issue

Wed Feb 12 06:09:43 UTC 2014
Les Mikesell <lesmikesell at gmail.com>

On Mon, Feb 10, 2014 at 3:04 PM, John R Pierce <pierce at hogranch.com> wrote:
> On 2/10/2014 12:57 PM, Jeff Allison wrote:
>> The other media player is android so there's probably no nfs client
>> for that an dthe wife and kids are on windows so a dlna server we'll
>> have to find.
>
> my experiences with trying to use DLNA for video have been awful. its OK
> for audio, as long as the library is both not too big, and well tagged.

What server software have you tried?   I'm using serviio on a mac but
would expect the linux version to be equivalent, with an assortment of
players (ps3, sony blu-ray player, vlc on an ipad, etc.). The trick
with video is to be sure it is encoded in a format the player can
handle directly so the server isn't transcoding on the fly.   And
avoid wifi if possible.

--
  Les Mikesell
    lesmikesell at gmail.com