[CentOS] KVM/NAT help requested

Fri Feb 21 20:49:35 UTC 2014
John R Pierce <pierce at hogranch.com>

On 2/21/2014 11:55 AM, david wrote:
> I'm having problems with KVM and networking.  My guest cannot use NAT
> through the host's connection.

did you configure the KVM host to use bridging for the virtual network
?   in this scenario, the KVM host is using br0 instead of eth0 for its
own networking, eth0 and the virtual network are both bridged by
br0.     in this configuration, your VMs appear to be on your LAN same
as other non-VM systems, they'd get their DHCP stuff from the existing
gateway router, etc.