[CentOS] CentOS 6.5 install

Thu Feb 27 18:26:23 UTC 2014
Les Mikesell <lesmikesell at gmail.com>

On Thu, Feb 27, 2014 at 11:19 AM, Michael Hennebry
<hennebry at web.cs.ndsu.nodak.edu> wrote:
> On Wed, 26 Feb 2014, Mauricio Tavares wrote:

> Make /home , /var and /opt soft links to directories on /onebigpartition .
> I've done similar when I wanted /home off the root partition,
> but did not want to give it its own partition.
> I tried to do a rebind, but could not make it work.

I've done that after installs, but for /var at least it requires
copying the contents to the target of the symlink before switching and
a reboot after the change to make everything use the new location.
I was wondering if it is possible to make the installer set it up that
way in the first place - that is, with /var, /home, and /opt sharing
space in a filesystem other than the root.

--
  Les Mikesell
       lesmikesell at gmail.com