[CentOS] CentOS 6.5 install

Thu Feb 27 19:13:53 UTC 2014
Les Mikesell <lesmikesell at gmail.com>

On Thu, Feb 27, 2014 at 1:03 PM, Kenny Noe <knoe501 at gmail.com> wrote:
> Thanks to all the replies...   Very interesting stuff...  However I'm still
> trying to understand how to have a hardware RAID 5 (4x 1TB disk) system and
> load CentOS on it.  I'm looking for the UEFI bios but don't understand
> this.  I want to install LVM on top of the single RAID volume, then I can
> create several LVMs like the HowTos, Wikis and Blogs all say.  I just can't
> get over this first hurdle and get the OS to boot.
>
> any other thoughts?

I thought that if UEFI is enabled in the bios (you didn't select some
legecy mode...) the installer would detect and use it.   I managed to
do that accidentally on one machine that I was setting up as a master
image and then found that at the time, neither clonezilla nor rear
could make a bootable copy.  I think they've both been fixed since.
There may be some additional problem with grub and /boot on a >2TB
partition, though. Mine wasn't that big.

--
   Les Mikesell
      lesmikesell at gmail.com