[CentOS] suggestions for large filesystem server setup (n * 100 TB)

Fri Feb 28 14:30:28 UTC 2014
Mauricio Tavares <raubvogel at gmail.com>

On Fri, Feb 28, 2014 at 8:55 AM, Phelps, Matt <mphelps at cfa.harvard.edu> wrote:
> I'd highly recommend getting a NetApp storage device for something that big.
>
> It's more expensive up front, but the amount of heartache/time saved in the
> long run is WELL worth it.

      My vote would be for a ZFS-based storage solution, be it
homegrown or appliance (like nextenta). Remember, as far as ZFS (and
similar filesystems whose acronyms are more than 3 letters) is
concerned, a petabyte is still small fry.