[CentOS] I want to ask about some Kernel level operations.

Eliezer Croitoru

eliezer at ngtech.co.il
Wed Jan 1 23:53:09 UTC 2014

I want to make sure that while compiling as root nothing will break down
inside the machine.

I want to compile software on a Xeon SERVER.
The basic issue is that there is a recommendation to not compile it as a
root user.

I have compiled software as a root user more then once and I am not sure
why would there is a need to run it as non-root user?

I have taken a look at the /proc/ FS but I do not see anything that can
harm anything yet.

 From my aspect it's just background of electricity noise.

I will be happy to hear from experience of others about it.

Thanks,
Eliezer