[CentOS] Disappearing directory

Mauricio Tavares raubvogel at gmail.com
Fri Jan 3 07:57:39 UTC 2014

On Thu, Jan 2, 2014 at 10:19 PM, Leon Fauster
<leonfauster at googlemail.com> wrote:
> Am 02.01.2014 um 20:34 schrieb Ken Smith <kens at kensnet.org>:
>> Fred Smith wrote:

>>> I'd guess some unintended side-effect of the backup program/script.
>>>

>> The bash commands in the earlier post are manually entered in a
>> terminal. The cron job isn't active. Even if I set the file read only it
>> vanishes ( eg chmod 500 /mnt/backup). Bug in umount?
>

> try the same in /backup and not in /mnt

      Even though it is a workaround - I myself like to use
/export/backup -- I do not think that solves the original question. At
work our fileserver, an ubuntu box, mounts its backup drive into
/mnt/backup just like Ken wants to do. And it works exactly as he
wants. I wonder if something is doing housecleaning in /mnt.