[CentOS] SSSD and usermod

Dimitar Georgievski mitkany at gmail.com
Mon Jan 6 15:02:57 UTC 2014

Hi MItja,

it looks like you are trying to integrate SSSD with FreeIPA. I think the
following presentation will help you review the SSSD configuration even if
you are trying to use 389DS independently:
http://www.freeipa.org/images/7/77/Freeipa30_SSSD_SUDO_Integration.pdf

Check the page titled " Example configuration - SSSD with FreeIPA server".
SSSD has to be configured to talk to LDAP server. Check also the settings
in /etc/nsswitch.conf. You might need to modify it to enable SSSD
integration with other services.

This example comes from a host that is using SSSD for SSH authentication
and sudo integration with a FreeIPA server:
passwd:     files sss
shadow:     files sss
group:      files sss
sudoers:    files sss