[CentOS] ZFS on Linux testing effort

Lists

lists at benjamindsmith.com
Mon Jan 6 22:54:01 UTC 2014

On 11/30/2013 06:20 AM, Andrew Holway wrote:
> Hey,
>
> http://zfsonlinux.org/epel.html
>
> If you have a little time and resource please install and report back
> any problems you see.

Andrew,

I want to run /var on zfs, but when I try to move /var over it won't
boot thereafter, with errors about /var/log missing. Reading the ubuntu
howto for ZFS indicates that while it's possible to even boot from zfs,
it's a rather long and complicated process.

I don't want to boot from ZFS, but it appears that grub needs to be set
up to support ZFS in order to be able to mount zfs filesystems, and it's
possible that EL6's grub just isn't new enough. Is there a howto/
instructions for setting up zfs on CentOS/6 so that it's available on boot?

Thanks,

Ben