[CentOS] Forward http traffic

Nikolaos Milas nmilas at noa.gr
Wed Jan 8 13:02:48 UTC 2014

On 8/1/2014 11:54 πμ, Antonio da Silva Martins Junior wrote:

> Well, I had only used with a "range". Maybe you can take a look on a
> software load-balancer, like haproxy, or use something like nginx. Then
> forward to the load-balancer instead to the servers.

Thanks,

Actually, I don't want load balancing; I want incoming http traffic (to
port 8080) to be forwarded to *ALL* defined target IP addresses.

...But I still don't know if this is possible with iptables. I hope
someone here can provide more info.

I am not sure if haproxy or nginx can be used to simply forward all
inbound traffic to a number of public IP Addresses (anywhere on the
Internet) at the same time, as this is a very special scenario: it is
different both fom a forward proxy and from a reverse proxy -with or
without load-balancing-  (which is usually implemented with such
software). If, however, it is feasible, I would be interested to know
which is the directive for this feature in the respective software (so I
can investigate further).

Best regards,
Nick