[CentOS] [CentOS-announce] CentOS Project joins forces with Red Hat

Les Mikesell lesmikesell at gmail.com
Wed Jan 8 16:16:54 UTC 2014

On Wed, Jan 8, 2014 at 8:01 AM, Thomas Göttgens <tgoettgens at gmail.com> wrote:
> They do that right now.
>
> - CentOS Plus-Kernel
> - CentOS Extras
> - Xen4CentOS
>
> Are all NOT upstream but CentOS original projects. Read the part about SIG
> in the FAQ and you know what this will eventually become.

I hope the 'centos minimal' iso continues to be supported.   That has
become my favorite install approach, especially where someone in a
remote office has to bring a box up to where I can ssh to it and add
our applications.   I do wish it included openssh-clients and rsync to
make the next steps easier, though...

--
   Les Mikesell
    lesmikesell at gmail.com