[CentOS] FF 24 is borked: One must have tabs, like it or not!

Bob Marcan bob.marcan at gmail.com
Wed Jan 8 16:53:35 UTC 2014

On Wed, 08 Jan 2014 17:16:46 +0100
Nicolas Thierry-Mieg <Nicolas.Thierry-Mieg at imag.fr> wrote:

> On 01/07/2014 04:39 PM, John Doe wrote:
> > From: Robert Heller <heller at deepsoft.com>
> >
> >> I just did a yum update on my CentOS 5.10 desktop machine and it installed FF
> >> 24.  And tabs have appeared and cannot be [really] removed!  Arg!!!  *I HATE
> >> TABS!*  (Yes I did installed the "hide tabs when there is only one
> >> tab"
> >> plugin, but that is not really a complete solution.)

I don't like tabs too.
Try this:

preferences> tabs:
  Open new windows in a new tab instead   OFF
  Don't load tabs until selected                      ON

about:config:
  browser.tabs.AutoHide                                  true
  browser.tabs.opentabfor.middleclick           false

It works for me:  middle click opens new window.
Fedora, all firefox versions.
BR, Bob